Award-Winning Villa Maria Wines
“Great wine starts with exceptional vineyards and exceptional people. If you have these foundations, you have the best chance of making the finest wines”, says Sir George Fistonich.
Villa Maria is an exceptional wine made of grapes from New Zealand’s best grape growing regions: Hawkes Bay, Marlborough, Waipara and Gisborne. The vines in these broad vineyards give birth to one of the world’s most adored grapes. In the winemaking facilities in Marlborough and Auckland, each wine is crafted in the unique, fruit-driven style of New Zealand, portraying the best aspects of the country’s distinct wine regions.
With the huge win at the Romeo Bragato Wine Awards in 2015, the greatest wine in Australia, Villa Maria, continues its legacy of multiple award-winning successes.
Chairman of Judges Ben Glover said:“The Bragato Trophy went to this beautifully handled Chardonnay because in simple terms – it was exceptional. The wine had a sense of place and it was a pleasure to savour and taste.”
Besides these awards, Villa Maria has once again proved its potential by picking up trophies:
- Champion Sweet Wine
- Champion Domaine Wine
- Champion Classical Red Wine
The winery is committed to producing top quality wine and does this by finding the best sites for planting their vines, hiring professional viticulturists to manage the vineyards and advising contract growers so they can get the best results. The numerous awards that Villa Maria wine has won in the past few years, make it obvious that no other wine can come near its success.
Take a look at some of Villa Maria’s golden medals:
- Villa Maria Reserve Marlborough Noble Semillon Botrytis Selection 2011
- Villa Maria Single Vineyard Taylors Pass Chardonnay 2012
- Villa Maria Reserve Gisborne Barrique Fermented Chardonnay 2013
- Villa Maria Single Vineyard Braided Gravels Organic Merlot 2013
- Villa Maria Single Vineyard Ihumatao Chardonnay 2013
- Villa Maria Reserve Marlborough Noble Riesling Botrytis Selection 2013
- Villa Maria Reserve Gimblett Gravels Hawkes Bay Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2013
- Villa Maria Reserve Gimblett Gravels Hawkes Bay Malbec 2013
- Villa Maria Single Vineyard Ihumatao Chardonnay 2014
- Villa Maria Single Vineyard Keltern Chardonnay 2014
- Villa Maria Single Vineyard Southern Clays Sauvignon Blanc 2014
- Villa Maria Reserve Barrique Fermented Gisborne Chardonnay 2014
If you have a bottle of the exquisite Villa Maria wine and wish to preserve it for special occasions, think twice, you are alive and happy, is there anything more special than that? Just live in the moment and share it with your loved ones.