Bathroom Border Tiles: An Easy Way to Improve the Look of Your Bathroom
Just because we spend little time in the bathroom, this doesn’t mean that it shouldn’t be as appealing as the rest of the rooms in the home. And while the type of appliances and lights we choose matters, usually, it is the tiles that play a huge role in how fancy or not the bathroom will look like. When talking about choosing bathroom tiles, except for the floor and wall tiles, you can also choose to incorporate bathroom border tiles.
What Are They?
Border tiles are one of the easiest and most convenient ways to liven up a bathroom without breaking the bank. These tiles are versatile and can be used for framing, highlighting and finishing a space to perfection. There are different material and styles available on the market since they can be incorporated both on the walls and on the floor. The main reason why people decide to use bathroom border tiles is because of their simplicity and ability to spruce up space and give the wow factor to visitors.
Things to Consider When Choosing Border Tiles for Your Bathroom
- The proper combination of wall and floor tiles with border tiles is of vital importance. In order to choose the right ones, you’ll need to take into account some of the most important things.
- These types of tiles are available in different materials, out of which the porcelain, ceramic and resin border tiles are among the most commonly used in home decoration.
- The quality of the tiles matters. The better the quality, the better the longevity. So, when speaking about quality border tile materials, you should stick to ceramic and porcelain tiles as they have the longest lifespan.
- Before choosing border tiles, interior designers recommend first choosing the main tiles. That way is easier to choose the best border tile colour, but also their right size.
- Decide on where you plan to add border tiles as different bathroom areas might require different tiles of this kind.
- If not sure what to choose, ask for professional help.
- In case you plan to install them on your own, make sure that you give them enough time to dry before adding grout and sealer. This is essential in order to avoid the tiles to become loose over time.
Popular Types and Designs of Border Tiles
This is maybe one of the most elegant materials that you can use in your bathroom. Usually, border stone tiles rest just behind the vanity and they continue all around the bathroom. This height is considered as ideal for such tiles and they can be accompanied by different tiles bellow or above the stone tiles.
Mosaic Border Bathroom Tiles
Such bathroom tile borders are available in a range of colours and can be arranged in a mosaic way, so they could add a pop of colour to the bathroom. When creating a mosaic, you can either use one or several colours, just make sure to measure everything out.
Bold Border Bathroom Tiles
If you are up to, you can be bolder and choose a border in a different colour than the main tiles. This can certainly add a pop of colours to your bathroom while still not looking inappropriate. One thing is certain, make sure to choose a colour that can complement the rest of the tile colours.
Border tiles shouldn’t be boring. These tiles can create an interesting design that can incorporate one or more different colour hues. For instance, the border could start just above the sink, but it could also run right above the bathtub, so it could define only this bathroom area. There really are lots of designs that you could incorporate, just make sure to consider the most appealing to you, so you could make the right choice for your bathroom.
This design could consist of a unique border that is achieved by using lighter and darker tiles. For instance, you can create a single light coloured row that is followed by a darker coloured row. The lighter tiles start again then and go to the top of the room which can be finished with another row of dark tile. There really is plenty of ways to add borders in your bathroom, you just need to let your imagination and create the best design for your bathroom.
No one says that you have to follow strict rules when it comes to designing a border in your bathroom. It also doesn’t mean that it has to go round the entire room either. For instance, the border could start right above the sink and then go up around the mirror, so it could create an accent wall. There are really lots of options to choose from, you just need to find the right colours, tile size and quality. The rest is a piece of cake.